CAPTURE SHEFFIELD: WEEKEND PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE
The next two courses will take place on:
Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th April 2018, 10.00am – 4.30pm (rescheduled from the postponed 3rd / 4th March dates)
Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th May 2018, 10.00am – 4.30pm
LEARN TO TAKE BETTER PICTURES, HAVE FUN AND EXPLORE SHEFFIELD!
Immerse yourself in the magical world of photography with an experienced professional photographer and tutor.
Whether you are wanting to learn and improve your photography skills, get to know your camera better or simply after some creative fun behind the lens then this is the course for you.
Experienced and qualified tutor and professional photographer Laura Page will take you through the course.
We will begin each day with some refreshments in a relaxed studio setting learning some camera skills before taking to the streets of Sheffield on a carefully planned route through a variety of landscapes. Most of the course will be practical with you behind the camera. We will cover a number of inventive photographic assignments on our journey. At the end of each day we’ll return to the studios to view and discuss some of our images.
Please note we will walk approximately 3 to 5 miles each day (at a leisurely pace and with breaks) so some level of fitness is required. Please let us know if you have any special needs or requirements in advance so we can ensure that we meet them.
This course will be limited to a maximum of 8 people to ensure you each receive some one-to-one tuition pitched at your personal level.
Skills you will learn over the weekend include:
- · How to take excellent pictures (Lighting, Angles, Composition, Timing, Communication)
- · Manual and Autofocus (Focusing Points, Autofocus Lock, Single or Continuous Focus)
- · Manual Exposure (ISO, Shutter Speeds, Aperture/F/Stops and The Light Meter)
- · Metering Modes (Evaluative, Matrix, Spot Metering)
- · Depth of Field
- · Motion (Freezing, Blurring & Panning)
We have a limited number of digital cameras that we can lend out free of charge if required so please let us know.
£150 for the weekend (lunch and refreshments included)
Booking and more information: 07886 245477, email@example.com
You can download an April BOOKING FORM (Word) or April BOOKING FORM (PDF)
You can download a May BOOKING FORM (Word) or May BOOKING FORM (PDF)
Some Feedback from past courses:
“Laura’s passion for photography made it really easy to understand and follow the techniques and theory. I would recommend the course to anyone who wants to improve the pictures they take”
“The walking routes were perfect, as was the on-the-go advice”
“I liked the informality, skill and experience of the tutor and the time given to experiment with photographic subjects and equipment….an alternative approach to running a workshop”
“Very enjoyable, good value and a great confidence builder”
“Friendly atmosphere, great routes, good explanations”
“I learnt loads about my camera and its capabilities and saw parts of Sheffield I didn’t know existed”
“Relaxed but informative, good locations and well-mixed shooting possibilities – a rewarding and fun weekend”
“Laura was very patient at explaining how the camera worked and her introductory talks were helpful and informative”
“Excellent course. Really enjoyed it and the company”
“We learned incredible amounts about the technical aspects of photography and how to effectively use a camera and capture a moment”
“The course had an easy and informal atmosphere but was also professional and really informative”
“Laura is fantastic at explaining the ‘techie’ side of photography to a complete novice”
“There was a really friendly and honest approach and I felt comfortable to ask questions. The walks were really varied and interesting”
Equipment to bring:
- Digital camera
- Memory cards
- Spare batteries
- A drink
- Walking shoes
- Waterproofs (just in case!)
- Pen and paper
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1) Stated prices are per person.
2) If for any reason we are unable to run a tour/workshop (prior to departure) we will refund all fees paid (to clients that have a confirmed booking) and our liability will ceases thereafter. We are under no obligation to provide compensation and will have no liability for consequential loss. If you prefer to accept a rescheduled date, our terms and conditions of booking still apply to the reschedule.
3) You may cancel up to 14 days before the course start date and receive a full refund, less a course withdrawal fee of £25 per person. This may be done by email or phone. We do not accept cancellations or reschedulling less than 14 days before the course. We do not give refunds on Gift Certificates.
4) If you have special needs we are more than happy to accommodate them – please contact us beforehand to arrange this.
5) Participants must bring their own camera or prearrange to borrow one. You must ensure your camera is in proper working condition. Please ensure your camera battery is fully charged and that you carry a spare. You will almost certainly take more photos than you expect to so do bring extra memory cards.
6) Extra refreshments when out on location are not included in the price although there will be drinks and biscuits included at the workshop at the beginning and end of each day – again, please let us know of any special dietary requirements in advance of the day.
7) During a photo tour or workshop the tutor may take individual and group shots of attendees. We may publish these photos on our websites and/or social media sites to show what our tours are like. If you wish the photo removed please contact us in writing and we will do so.
8) You are responsible for your own insurance and the insurance of your equipment during the tour/workshop. Any injury or accident must be claimed against your insurance. We do not accept liability for any injury or accident happening during a tour or workshop.
9) Payment of fees constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. In the case of a payment for more than one person, the person paying is responsible for informing their group of these terms and conditions and obtaining consent, before making payment.
10) We reserve the right to refuse any booking by making a full refund shortly after payment has been made.